Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Swimming Bench

Yeates-Swimming Bench
In 2002, Marcella and Megan Yeates created this park bench located in Valleywood Park in Northwest Reno. The bench is titled Swimming Bench. It is in the shape of a giant fish.
It cost a total of $16,500 and is made up of thousands of mosaic tiles. Its colors include: orange, yellow, green, blue, white and browns.
A perfect place for adults to sit and watch their children play in the park.
I live very close to this park and always take the kids I babysit down to play on the jungle gym while I do indeed sit on this giant fish!
Looking quickly at this bench you see the obvious fish like structure of it, when looking deeper at it you can see all of the fine details that was put into it. Every individual ceramic tile was placed exactly where it should be. I could not imagine making a piece of artwork this big, and having the patience to do it. I respect these artists very much!

1 comment: